Thursday, March 16, 2006

I hate Impark

Ok. I don't know if what happened last night was really the fault of Impark, but I was in their parking lot and for years I've thought that they were evil and this just gives me another reason to say grrrr. The lot that I park in is awful. There are concrete pillars everywhere and to get in and out you have to go up/down a fairly tight spiral ramp. Last night I left at about 7:15 in the evening... much later than normal and the exit door was closed. Normally not a problem because you drive over a cable and the door magically opens. Not last night though!! By the time I got to the ramp to get me out, I was behind 3 other vehicles and the door was closed. It wasn't even a little open!! I contemplated reversing and going out the in way, but there were now several cars behind me. A couple of them did just that and almost collided with people coming in so I was content in my decision to sit and wait for a minute as someone had been called to come. Sure enough, the solution was that we would all reverse up the ramp and then exit throigh the entry with this guy directing traffic. Now, I don't know if y'all know this, but I am NOT good at backing up my car. I don't back into parking spots or driveways and hate having to reverse to go more than 2 feet because I always end up going crooked. So, the thought of going backwards up a spiral shaped road was highly unappealing. It turns out though... I'm pretty good at it! Seeing as I always seem to go askew anyways, it worked out perfectly and I only almost scraped my side mirror (I then remebered that it was a good idea to straighten out the wheel!). I was remarkably proud of myself and felt very badly for the people that were right at the bottom and had a further way to go. Seems like we all made it though! So, even though I learned something new last night, I still hate Impark. They trapped me in a parking lot and charge me alot of money. Boo on them!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home