Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Purge

I have had a couple of boxes laying around that have moved with me almost wherever I have gone over the past few years. I decided to sit down and go through the contents to see if I actually needed what was inside. I spent a lovely couple of hours going through old letters and cards that people sent me while I was at summer camp over the years, programs to plays and performances (including one signed by Mikhail Baryshnikov!) and other various accumulated things. After reading things through I decided that I really didn't need to keep most of them any more and decided to throw them out. It feels great to have gotten rid of TWO boxes worth of stuff but also a little sad (maybe guilty?). So thank you to all those that have thought of me over the years. I loved getting the letters the first time around and enjoyed reading them the second. It's nice to be reminded of the wonderful people in my life and I look forward to collecting another couple of boxes over the years! If only they made summer camp for adults!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home