Because I am THAT person...
I had an appointment this morning for a consultation for laser eye surgery. I was pretty excited (and a bit nervous) as the majority of people I have spoken to who have had it done have had nothing but rave reviews about the results. It turns out because of my complicated prescription (thank you mom and dad!) while I am a fairly good candidate for the surgery there is a 1 in 3 chance that I will need more than one surgery over a few months to get the best results. The idea of someone slicing my eyeballs open once is highly unnerving, but more than once?! I don't think so. They don't sound like very good odds to me, and the fee was scary expensive, so I think I'll be holding off for another couple of years until the technology for wonky eyes gets a bit better. I guess that glasses aren't SO bad, and fortunately I can function (I'm sure that some of you would disagree!) fairly well without them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home